#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"Got Green?" St. Patrick's Day Irish Blog O'hop - Last Call :)

Aloha,

 

Ah, to be shure, today is 3/13/13 or as I'd call it, "tree tirteen tirteen."

Which means this Friday is the Got Green? Blog O’hop (and the full, simple details are here).

 If you're interested in signing up for a bit of a laugh ahead of St. Patrick's Day this Sunday, the Linky List is below :)

Me? I'm going with something new for this year's post.
See, I’ve lived in America for seventeen years and I still get questions about life growing up in Ireland.

So, I’m throwing up the Emerald curtain and opening the floor to you, the wee Reader.

In the comments, feel free to leave me a PG13 question about anything Oirish that you've ever wanted to know.

Using 100 words or less, I will answer all the questions received by Thursday 6 p.m. EST by Friday 12:01 a.m. HST :)



Ahh... SIGGY


 (If I know the answer, you'll be the first to know... if I don't, I won't look and you'll get a tall tale for your worries:)
(It drives my wife *nuts* when I come up with a clever response to something on which I have *no* idea what I'm talking about...

It's the gift of the gab, I tell ye... and look it this way, if I was into fashion design, it would be the gift of the garb... and I know which one I'm better at... this is me dressed as SIGGY :)









For example, did you know that:
·        Lucky Charms are not sold in Ireland?

·         On St. Patrick's Day, Irish kids don’t get pinched on their way to school (but if they do, the coppers normally find them by the end of the day.)

·         Speaking of coppers, did you know that in Ireland, the cops are called the Gardai, (“the guards.”)
·         The most northern part of Ireland is in the South?

I could go on and on, but you get the gist, I hope…

So, if there was ever a time when you had an inkling to discover Ireland (that would make a great logo…. Oh…) well, now’s the time.
This will either be my second shortest post ever (the shortest is here) but, if you have a wicked sense of humor, you can really have fun with this one...

Can you handle the truth - or is it an Irish fable ye want? :)

Like I said, I’ll post all the answers Friday when the Blog O’hop goes live.


Cheers to everyone who's participating and here's the Linky List. Feel free to jump in - the water's warm and it's a wonderful shade of bluey greenish blue... :)

The Southernmost rock in the U.S. (Big Island, HI)




14 comments:

Meradeth Houston said...

Looking forward to the hop! I hope my entry doesn't get pinched... :) Hmm, don't have any questions that I can think of though. Hopefully someone will have something good!

Unknown said...

So Mark, I have followed a couple links but can't quite figure out what the hop is or what to do. Maybe I'm following the wrong links? I'm not very hop-literate.;)

Melissa said...

This should be fun. :)
heh heh heh

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Gearing up for the hop. My question: What was it like growing up Irish as a child (or being Irish)?

David P. King said...

SO looking forward to Friday. I've got another great story for yah, too be sure. :)

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I can't wait! I went with less humor and addressed my smart side for my post.

I'm telling cyber mom you're laughing! :P

~Sia McKye~ said...

I'm not atall surprised Lucky Charms are not sold in Ireland, lol!

Tammy Theriault said...

Wish I could have done this one, but I planned another way back! Sux! Because you know I have mad irish roots boy! My grandparents pioneered. But every year we do soda bread, irish stew with cornbeef, turnips, cabbage, potatoes and carrots, then mash potatoes with cabbage. Yummy!!

Elise Fallson said...

How tall are Leprechauns and what's their average shoe size?

Anonymous said...

I just signed up! Looking forward to visiting everyones posts.

Christine Rains said...

Lucky Charms aren't in Ireland? Wow. The things we find out. I'm a Canadian living in the US, and everyone is always surprised I don't like beer or call them a hoser.

Al Diaz said...

I would love you to tell me what's the name of my favorite song. I know it's Irish because I heard it first in an Irish themed movie but my case is helpless as I can't hum it to you.

Elizabeth Marro said...

Okay, here's my question: Do the Irish laugh at the way we spend St. Patrick's Day? Is there anything we could do to further their amusement?

I'm not going to be quick enough to enter this year's blog hop. Hopefully next year!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever met the Pied Piper? And dare ye to tell the story of the 3 and 4 leaf clover...

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;